Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Intro

Strong-15 I just completed Week 1 of Strong-15, a program constructed by Lift-Run-Bang's creator, Paul Carter.

I have taken on hs SPPC Challenge : http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2012/01/your-challenge-2012-squat-push-pull.html

in which I finally kick myself in the fucking teeth, take a brick of truth and take accountability for my progress(or lack thereof) in the lifting game. A litte background about me. I was a fat fucking kid. I signed up with Shelby Starnes and went from 220 pounds to 155, then back up to 175. I competed in July 2010 and posted a 345/190/465, 1000lb Total in the 181's. What did i do after i stopped with Shelby? I got fat again. No fault of anyone else's but mine.

I was like a crack addict freed from rehab and went on a binge of whatever i could find. I hit all time best numbers in the squat, but i wasn't healthy. I re-hired Shelby to kick my ass and started voraciously reading everything I could find ad this time around, i noticed something. I don't crave bad foods anymore. When i "fiend" for something, it's rice, sweet potatoes, sushi, etc. I still have weight to lose, but since the beginning of the year, I am down from 208 to 176. Now, it is time for Strong 15. I need to get my strength up, i need to maintain conditioning.

And....here we go.

Last week was the first week of Strong 15, so i will start posting with week 2.

My Goals for the first "block" are as follows

4 count pause CGBP-210
Deadlift-475
Squat-350 Dead/CGBP will be all time PR's.

My squat will be 15lbs off of all time PR at a bodyweight 30lbs less.

No comments:

Post a Comment