Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First Month Strong-15/SPPC thoughts

First three weeks of Strong 15 are down and in the books.

First of all, every rep/weight was hit was ease, which means according to Paul, i did NOT program too heavily, which was actually something I worried about. I may have underestimated my squat a bit, but since i'm cutting weight, i will keep it exactly where it is at and not change anything.

I started this wave pausing every single rep on the 5-4-3-2-1-1-1, and touch and going the backoff sets on bench. Let me tell you, and Jamie and Paul touched on this in a recent podcast(Chaos and Bang 8 I believe), that paused benching feels stronger and is a better for me from a performance standpoint because it allows me to remain tight throughout the lift. Something I feel that i lose in the touch and go.

Deadlifts have FINALLY started to come back around and not feel like someone buttfucked them with a brick covered in AIDS. The addition of deficits, while something that PC might nto agree with, had always had a GREAT carryover for me going back to prior training logs of mine. So I will run this block of Strong-15 and do a test and then run a block of Strong 15 and experiment with mid shin pulls to get a more accurate results and have a better baseline. Who knows, maybe they both help, but i'll find that mid shins help that extra 5lbs or so.

In regards to the conditioning work, i have been avoiding the prowler like the plague as of late and honestly, i feel that i shouldn't anymore. My calories are pretty low, but energy isn't and 1 prowler session a week, which i will tactically place before my weekly carbup, shouldn't kill me, as my goals at the end of this run as very moderate, due to the loss of body fat.

Speaking of bodyfat, i am down to 175lbs. It has slowed considerably, despite the 60mins fasted cardio and 3x week full body sessions. I am still not happy with where I am at in terms of % numbers, but looking at the big picture, i am a hell of a lot healthier than i was in january, and that i can definitely be thankful for.

I am hoping that adding 1-2x small sessions a week(light weight, short rest, high reps) and 1 prowler session might kick it in the ass. But I will still keep an eye on the prize, as my main, main goal is to push up my my big three numbers while not looking Jeff Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment